Friday, February 26, 2016

Engagement Party

Hi all,

Happy FriYAY! My yoga teacher on Tuesdays always ends the class with a nice little "namas-tues-day" and it always makes me laugh! (my yoga teacher is a dude by the way). Anyways, back on track. I can't believe I haven't blogged about our engagement party back in September! When Aaron and I first got engaged (back in May- wow, time flies), several of our friends asked if we wanted an engagement party. We thought about it, and since we are getting married in California, we thought an engagement party would be the perfect way to celebrate our engagement and bring our friends and family together for a chance to meet before the wedding! It would also give those who might not be able to make it out to California, the chance to celebrate with us! So, remember my birthday cruise back in 2013? Well, we booked the same company to charter our engagement party.

The cruise sails around Kemah, provides adult beverages and food! So we invited many of our close friends and families and had a party! Also, I was a bit nervous about the food, but it ended up being delicious!!! 

Krob, Kim and Andy were so great at helping coordinate with the cake, invitations and decor! I cannot find a picture of the invitation (I switched to a new phone and lost some photos in the process, but will post when I get one).

I also wanted to take advantage of my mom being in town, so I gathered a group of the ladies, made some appointments and went dress shopping! I wasn't expecting to find one in all honesty- I can be rather picky. But, THE  dress actually happened to be one of the first I tried on. I'll do a re-cap on some tips I think might be helpful for finding the perfect dress and share my experience in another post.

Girls and their moms!

After dress shopping, it was lunch and time to head down to Kemah for our Engagement Party. One of mine and Aaron's goals for planning our wedding and going through this whole process, is that everyone enjoys it right along with us. We don't want anyone to stress or feel obligated!

Here are some fun photos of the evening. It was a highlight for mine and Aaron's families to meet. They hadn't met yet. And it was a highlight having so many of the people who have meant so much to both of us over the years all in one spot! I don't think I stopped talking the entire night!

The Families!!!


Aaron and I before our party


Some of my favorite ladies over the years. We were all Zeta's together at Baylor. So much love in this picture!


Some more of the ladies. They will all be bridesmaids in August and Krob is my MOH!

It's time to celebrate someone else this weekend. Krob turned 30 this week, so I'm throwing her a 30th birthday party- because we need to celebrate the people we love!!!!

Happy weekend-ing!

You can check some more of my photos out on Instagram here: @kmt678.

No comments:

Post a Comment